News & Events
Dear Parents and Families,
On behalf of our entire management and staff, I am pleased to welcome you back to another year of safe, nurturing and high-quality care, learning and fun for your child. As many of you already know, all of our Early Childhood Education Centers are currently open to children for full-time, in-person services. We are also enrolling new children in all of our Infant, Toddler and Preschool programs but remaining slots are limited, so I urge you to contact a Center near you as soon as possible to secure a slot for your child.
At Friends of Crown Heights, we are committed to the principle of Safety First in all our Centers. As a result of the COVID-19 public health emergency, we have implemented the most rigorous health and safety protocols anywhere in the child care industry. Our protocols not only meet, but in many cases exceed the standards required by local, state and federal regulators. For example:
- All of our Centers are being continuously sanitized and disinfected throughout the day;
- All staff have been thoroughly trained on new COVID-19 procedures and best practices mandated by federal, state and local regulators, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), NYS Office of Children and Family Services, NYC Department of Health and NYC Department of Education;
- Physical and social distancing protocols are currently in effect at all centers, as are daily health screenings (including temperature checks) for all children, staff and other persons entering our programs;
- In accordance with Department of Education regulations, children’s arrival and departure times are being staggered to ensure appropriate distancing, and until further notice, parents/escorts are not being allowed into the interior program areas / classrooms except by prior arrangement or in exceptional circumstances.
Please also note that prior to the commencement of in-person services, all children must have the following documents on file in our Centers:
- Current Emergency Contact Card that includes at least two emergency contacts, approved escorts, home language and health-related information;
- Current medical form and proof of required immunizations;
- Written consent for staff to act and obtain appropriate health care in the event of an emergency;
If you are a returning parent or guardian, we encourage you to contact our Family Worker or a member of your child’s teaching team for any additional information you may need at this time. If you are a prospective member of our Friends of Crown Heights family, we urge you to contact a Center near you today so that together, we can embark on this new phase in your child’s developmental journey. We very much appreciate your interest in The Friends of Crown Heights Educational Centers, and thank you sincerely for your continued confidence and support.
Yours in partnership,
Vaughan P.A. Toney
President & Chief Executive Officer